Country Roads of Wales, Devon & Cornwall - Preview 2021
Country Roads Of Wales, Devon & Cornwall – Preview 2021
Delve into the quintessential charm of Wales, Devon and Cornwall’s pleasant villages and extensive countryside, and explore the elegant grandeur of some of the most exquisite stately homes of the region.
- Bath: After a day exploring the Roman town of Bath, indulge on a Sunday Roast at your Welcome Dinner.
- Brecon Beacons: Indulge on a hearty farm-to-table pub lunch, where a delicious seasonal menu with local ingredients will be available.
- Cardiff: Nourish your taste buds on a farm-to-table dinner.
- Dorchester: Experience Devonshire tea with Lady of the Manor, Caroline Huyshe, at her stately home, Sand House. You’ll enjoy a morning of tea, scones and sandwiches.
- Dorchester: Toast to your travels at a delicious Celebration Dinner at your hotel, Summer Lodge Country House Hotel and Spa.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Selbourne: Meet Robert Goldsmith, the artist and mastermind behind the world-famous Selbourne Pottery. Learn more about how he makes these acclaimed ceramics.
Top Rated Highlights
- Bath: Explore the well-preserved Roman Baths with your Travel Director. Once used for public bathing, they are now open for visitors to explore their grounds and onsite museum.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales’ capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Cardiff: In Cardiff, visit the medieval Cardiff Castle.
- Glastonbury: See the historic Glastonbury Abbey. Founded in the 7th century, its ruins are now registered as a Grade I listed building.
- Exmoor: Visit Exmoor National Park in Somerset, a protected Area of Outstanding Beauty.
- Bideford: Famous for filming locations, visit a destination that captured the hearts of the directors of the 2018 movie, “Guernsey.”
- Plymouth: 2020 marks the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower’s pioneering voyage. Learn more about its history and see the steps where the Pilgrim Fathers first set sail in 1620.
- Looe: Journey to the quaint coastal town of Looe. A holiday hotspot in the Victorian era, explore its comely stores and winding streets at leisure.
- Mapperton: Head to Mapperton House, owned by Lord and Lady Sandwich. The location was used to film “Far from Madding the Crowd,” an adaptation from the Thomas Hardy novel, starring Care Mulligan
- Somerset: Visit Montacute, a National Trust house and gardens. Its Long Gallery is the longest in Britain, and it is here that through the house’s partnership with the National Portrait Gallery, it displays a range of old oils and watercolours.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to London
Oxford, the Cotswolds and Bath.
Bath through the years.
Brecon's Beacon National Park.
Exmoor National Park to Dartmoor.
Exploring the southwest.
Legends and glitz in Cornwall.
Pirates of Penzance.
Country houses in Dorchester.
Galleries and Gardens of Dorchester.